Non-Traditional Musings and book idea

This photo is of some bearded irises in my back yard. Does anyone else grow flowers?

My Mom gave me these iris bulbs, and at first they were multi-colored - that is, I had several varieties of Iris in the garden. Now only this 2-color variety is left. I like it, but I probably will add some other colors next year.

Well, back to my Non-Traditional musing for the day.

As some of you know, I went back to school to get my Teaching Certification. I had a choice between English and Allied Arts (quickest to get) and Art (I had a minor in that). I chose English and Allied Arts because it was quicker and there were actual JOBS available in that area.

I went on to complete my student teaching and even taught my own classes for one semester. Now I have a book idea that I think non-traditional students who are going back in Education will like.

This book will be an ebook, and available via download. It will include all my advice for completing college with good grades, and also my advice about how to complete student teaching and hints for a successful first teaching year.

I had SO many things happen to me my first teaching semester. I learned a lot by the mistakes I made (like how NOT to make the same mistakes!) I think this will be a great resource for new teachers. I will put a link here when I get it done. I have about 1/3 of it completed already.

A NEW YAHOO GROUP?
I have gotten several requests from Non-Traditional students to have a Non-Trad group online that includes students from across the country. I think this is a great idea.

There was a great group online (Kat's group) that recently shut down. I am not sure why, but I will try to find out. In the meantime, please feel free to join the Non-Trads group at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Non-trads/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment. I would love that! :-)