What to bring in your backpack the first day of classes

We had this question lately at the Nontrad Yahoo Group.

Here it is: What should you bring the first day of classes?


Here are some ideas. These things can be put in a backpack.

#1. A notebook for each class (and maybe extra paper to lend out if needed)

#2. Cough drops

#3. Money (maybe for lunches - - or pack one)

#4. A watch (that could go on your wrist...)

#5. A map of the campus, room numbers, scheduler

#6. More than one pen and pencil just in case

#7. (Sometimes) a laptop

#8. Books or workbook(s) for class

#9. Water bottle

Another poster on the Nontrad Yahoo Group site also said another item would be handy. It is confidence. I loved that one!

Do you have any other ideas? I know there are more things that would be handy.

-Betsyanne
Former Nontraditional Student in Education, WKU

Some more Nontrad links: 

The Nontrad site and blog

Join Nontrads on Facebook

Nontrads on Yahoo

Nontrads on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,

    All great ideas! I try to keep an energy bar and an apple with me, too. Especially those first few days until I am comfortable on campus.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth

    All great ideas! I try to keep an energy bar and an apple with me. Especially the first few days until I'm comfortable on campus.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment. I would love that! :-)