Nontraditional Students: Ten New Year's Resolutions

The New Year 2011 - and Nontraditional Students' Resolutions

I wonder what nontraditional students currently in school are having for their New Year's resolutions.

I can guess some of them:

#1. I will sign up for my classes much sooner, so I get the ones I want.

#2. I will cut back on my procrastination, and will divide my studies throughout the time of the course to make it easier to finish projects.

#3. I will make a determined effort to introduce myself in class and to be friendly to other students.

#4. I will still ask questions in class but just not so many, so as to let other class members have some questions time.

#5. I will make sure I am taking classes that will lead to something that I will enjoy, not just something that is expedient or takes less time.

#6. I will listen to my inner "still, small voice" and realize that sometimes my intuition is right on.

#7. Although it could be scary, I will consider going on and getting that other degree or course.

#8. I will make a study area just for myself at my home, or find a good study spot to use someplace else. I will carve out time just for myself for both studying and relaxation.

#9. I will apply for scholarships and grants in my spare time.

#10. I will count my blessings as much as possible.

 I know there are more great resolutions that would be of help to nontraditional students. Can you think of some more? What are YOUR New Year's resolutions?

Nontraditionally yours,
Betsyanne

Some Nontrad links: The Nontrad site and blog Join Nontrads on Facebook Nontrads on Yahoo Nontrads on Twitter 

This blog is for nontraditional students, who are going back to school after a break. Continuing education comes in many forms, from GED studies to post-graduate college studies. This blog's goals are to help all nontraditional students with hints, links, helpful sites, and support.


The photo at the top of this blog is from swimparallel on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment. I would love that! :-)