My Big List of Nontrad Sites - Version B (with corrections)

Blogs and Sites for Nontraditional Students

Here is the Version B (corrected)  BIG list of nontraditional student links. These are handy to try… sometimes just going to another nontraditional student site can be uplifting, full of tips, and give good ideas. Some of these sites I have been collecting for a long time.

Some of these sites I just found by going to my regular sites and seeing who they had on their favorites lists. Then I checked each one out. Most I have known about for a long time, and like to go to see what each blogger is doing too. My sites are marked with an asterix (*).

Here are some I like. I will be adding more as I hear about them, or will be putting them on a later list.

Blogs, Sites, and more - for nontraditional students. (Version B)

Older Nontrad Student – this is Zickbee’s site. She tells about her nontrad journey as she goes through school.

Colleen (Leen the Bean) has a terrific blog called Going the Distance: Three Credits at a Time here: http://threecreditsatatime.wordpress.com/
I like it a lot! This blog is about "Distance learning off the coast of Maine" and other interesting things. Thanks for the comments, Colleen!

My Life as a Mature Age Student – this nontraditional student lives in Australia.

Diaries of a Neurotic Nontrad
This blog is written by a 30-something nontraditional student. She has been back in school for the last 5 years.

*The Nontraditional Student  website
Find help, support, and links for studying, groups, your FAFSA, and more.

*Nontrads on Facebook
Be our next member! Share about school, meet other nontrads, get support and information.

*Nontrads on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nontrads

A group of nontraditional students and people who help them. Find answers to questions, talk about what matters to you, share your nontrad journey.

Rantings of a Middle-Aged College Student
Brandywine works full-time AND goes to school full-time. Wow. She is a history major and a Spanish minor.

Never too Late to Learn
Stuart attends the University of Sheffield. He is studying for an IT degree.

My Second Career: A Doctor
Follow a medical student who is going for his second profession.

Student Mum lives in the UK and is studying Victorian literature.

The Mature? Student
This student is writing about going back to school after 31 years. She tells about her writing, her classes, and lots more. She has some other nontraditional students in her classes, it sounds like. She lives in Ireland!

Sweet Sue is a nontraditional student at Portland State University.

Deb’s Continuing Education blog
There are many stories on this site, advice, links, and just lots of very useful stuff. Deb Peterson is in charge of this site.

Career Alley – lots of job advice, sites, and articles.

Academic, Hopeful
The thoughts and blog postings of a PhD. Candidate.

Reaching Lifelong Goals as a Nontraditional Student
Redfokker is 53, and is a history major at Oregon State University. He writes about school, plus his journeys to historical places.

Scholarships and Grants
*My Scholarships and Grants site
http://www.findscholarshipsandgrants.blogspot.com/
Another big list: my ScholarsGrants big list of scholarship links and sites

GED Stories
Although many of my readers are in college, some are also getting their GED. Here is a site I really like, and comment here a lot. It is called GED stories. Real people write what it is like to go back to school.
http://www.passged.com/stories/

(new) Here is a new blog called Back to School at 40 (or 41). It is written by Jeffrey in Alabama. He is just starting out in his back-to-school journey. I hope he keeps in touch with us. He actually made the President's List his first semester. That is so great!

ANTSHE – this is a site for nontraditional students around the world. You can join as a student group or individually. They have a conference every year.

Adult Student links

Old Pre-Meds for Nontraditional Students (OPM)

Nontraditional Medical Student – getting into medical school for older nontraditional students.

Son of Citation Machine

ProfEval

SparkNotes study guides

Let me know which sites you like the best, and don't forget to comment here with your favorites or ones you would like me to add.

Do YOU have a nontraditional student site? Let me know by commenting here too.

Nontraditionally Yours,
-Betsyanne

7 comments:

  1. I too have started a blog to document my return to school after retirement from the military. Feel free to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listed it! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list!

    Here's my non traditional student story. I am a mom to 7 kids. This fall I will be attending college with my 18 year old son! Sounds like a B movie, but it's true. I am going to try my very best to not take any classes with him or have the same professor. I am very competitive and he isn't. (Takes after his dad.) My daughter will also be attending college, but she will in another state. Kind of crazy huh? LOL!

    Good luck with your blogging....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just decided two weeks ago to return to school and have begun a blog to cover the whole process.

    historybuffwannabe.blogspot.com

    Thanks for your site. Glad to find a possible network of fellow "non-traditional" students out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FreeStuff: Are you going to make a blog about your experiences? :-) Good luck with school - I know it will be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg: I went to your site but could not find it. I will check again later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry! I changed the title and web address so if you go to my profile you should be able to find it there.

    historyisgonnachange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment. I would love that! :-)