It's a dog's life for people with SOME online degrees...






Rishona, from the Yahoo Nontrads group, posted this recently. It is SO cute I wanted to share it here too.



I'm sure some of you may have heard of these kinds of schools, often called Diploma Mills. You can also become a "minister" from some unaccredited sources.

This brings up another subject - make sure you take your classes from an Accredited school. Make sure you ask about credit transfers, too. I have heard some horror stories about spending years studying and working hard, then having to transfer schools... and not being able to transfer credits.

But THESE kinds of credits in this video SHOULDN'T transfer. I wonder what will happen to this company now.

Here is a great site I just found at About.com's Distance Learning page.

Jamie Littlefield has ways to check YOUR online school to make sure it is legit.

Here is that link:

Check Your School's Accreditation

It looks very helpful. Thanks, Jamie!







Some of my links:

The Nontrad site and blog

The Betsyanne page and blog

My Squidoo Pages and referral

3 comments:

  1. Are only-online schools degree farms? How can we tell a legitimate school from a farce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, most online schools are legit. It is the minority that are not. I would say to do your homework and make sure that your online school is accredited.

    Jamie Littlefield at About.com has a great page I just found where you can check accreditation in about a minute from online schools. Here is the link:
    http://distancelearn.about.com/od/accreditationinfo/ht/checkaccredit.htm

    I will put it on the posting too. Thanks for the great questions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. About other schools (regular or face-to-face teaching schools) I know that some places like Junior College (not all of them... just some) and other universities and colleges - not sure about high schools - are NOT accredited. Check with the university you KNOW is accredited and they will tell you if your credits will transfer. But it's a LOT better to research your school first.

    ReplyDelete

Please add your comment. I would love that! :-)